Sunday, June 27, 2010

Changes in the plan

The plan was to go to Croatia, as I mentioned. I bought the tickets and would need to go to Bremen Germany first for two nights before I could continue on with a second flight to Zadar, Croatia. Around the time of my last weekend in Lithuania though, I started to have some health problems strange enough that I got them checked out at a Lithuanian doctor. Nothing was found thankfully and I was given some antibiotics a day before I was leaving for Germany. Well, I went to Bremen toured the city while I was waiting for my next flight, which as I said would be in 2 days. The morning of the day that I had my flight to Germany, my last day that my tourist visa was good for, my health problem showed up again. I normally do not make hasty decisions, but by the time I took the tram to the airport, I already knew I would purposely miss the flight. I just went straight to the other side of the track and waited for a return tram to the city. There I bought some tea, ate a frankfurter, and bought the next ticket to Spain where at least I could speak the language. I mean in Croatia, I not only knew no one, (well actually I met some very kind people in Bremen who were going to help me out) but I could not speak the language. 25 hours later after going through Cologne and Brussels and Paris, I made it to Spain, from where I am writing to you now. I feel fine and serious causes have been ruled out, so things are looking good. It will be at least a week though before we figure out what exactly is going on. I have very kind friends who are taking care of me. So no need to worry, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am not in Lithuania nor Croatia. I am just relaxing, and enjoying the hot sun, which was not present in Lithuania.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Good thing you're flexible. You are definitely going to have stories to tell.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Joe, I hope that you are feeling better! Sickness is definitely not fun. :( What an intense story though! You are so awesome though that I know that you will get through all of this craziness and uncertainly just fine; I am so proud of you! ;) I am glad to hear that you are finding some time to just relaxing and hang out too; that sounds wonderful! :) Take care Joe, and Ryan and I are thinking about you! <3

    ReplyDelete